Tuesday, June 10, 2008

ABE LICOLN ON

UPBRINGING All I can or hope to be I owe to my angel in orderMissionWith malice to ward more ands charity toward all, with firmness in theright as God gives us to see the right, lets finish the work we arein. SELF DESTRUCTION He remind of a man who killed both his parent and when the judgment isabout to be passed plead for mercy on one grounds that he is anorphan.DEDICATIONWhat ever you are be a good one. ACTION The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter usfrom the support of a cause we believe to be just. CHALLENGES Only the test of the fire can produce finest steel ADVERSARIES Don't criticized them they are just what we would under similar circumstances FAILURE My great concern is not when ever you have failed but whether you are concerned with failure. LIBERTY As I would not be a slave so I would not be a master. This expresses my idea of democracy FORCE Force is all conquering but its victories are short lived HIS CRITICS If I tried to answer all the criticisms of me & all the attacks targeted at me, this office will be closed to all other business. My job is not pleasing men but doing the best I can. If in the end I am found to be wrong, ten legions of angels swearing I was right wont help me. If the end prove me to be right then all that is said about me now will amount to nothing. PERSONAL CONTENTION No man who is resolved to make the most of himself can spare time for personal contention still less can he afford to the consequences including the vitiation of his temper and the loss of self control. SELF CONTROL Self control is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it. The tree is the real thing COMPROMISE Better to give your path to a dog then be bitten by him in contesting for the right. Even killing the dog wont cure the bite. LOVE There is a morality of memory; LOVE keeps a list of its creditors but none of its debtors IMMORTALITY Surely God would not have created such a being as man to exist for a day. No no man was created for immortality PERSUASION A drop of honey catches more flies then a gallon of gall so with men, if you would win a man to your cause fist convince him that you are his sincere friend. Therein is the drop of honey that catches his heart which, say what you will, is the high road to his reason STRATEGY When am getting ready to reason with a man I spend 1/3 of my time thinking about myself & what am going to say and 2/3 of the time thinking about him and what he is going to say. PREPARATION I will prepare and my time will definitely come

No comments: