Sunday, November 23, 2008

SAMUEL ETO’O ON:

Work “I’ve always scored goals, but I’ve worked on timing. Work, work, work. You get results if you work………….out of every hundred stones you throw you never know which one will kill the bird. ” Training “A player doesn’t try anything in a match that he hasn’t tried a thousand times in training, the only difference is that you are doing it in front of one hundred thousand people. Nothing in a match [as in life] is by chance. Everything is done in training, then your talent and the gift you have helps you succeed in what you’ve on.” Focus “I don’t go out often I devour football. I ask my brother to prepare hundreds of Barca’s attacking game, because I want to know everything my teammates are thinking. Its my unseen training. Off the pitch I digest information. I anticipate I don’t guess.” Discipline “My strength is to keep my position. I always try to play for the team, whichever team it is. I am disciplined and I get upset when others aren’t.” Concentration “Its fundamental to be able to shove out of your mind the thousands of things that can pollute your spirit in that moment.” Mentorship “The chats I had with Henrik at Barca were very precious…………… he allowed me to excel. Henrik taught me how to become invisible, how to make others forget about me.” Roots “The continent is a mental state. I live in Europe but I sleep in Africa. Every goal of mine is a celebration of there. Hopefully I’ll have time to do more things for people in Africa.”

No comments: